Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Why I am running

People Powered Politics, not Politics by Powerful People!

I decided that I would run for Chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party because I firmly believe that all of those Bernie Sanders delegates that won their seats at the NDP State Convention need to have a voice that supports their ideals, and those of Senator Sanders. We were only two weeks out from the convention when I made this decision. I had actually been hoping that Jane Kleeb would enter the fray, but then she did the unthinkable, presenting  herself as a candidate for 1st Associate Chair on a slate with current NDP Chair, the very unpopular, Vince Powers.

I opposed Vince Powers for the Chair of the NDP in 2012 because I felt it was a travesty that he was running unopposed, and I knew there were many people that were highly dissatisfied with his leadership. Essentially, the arguments I presented against my opponent then are still valid. It would be a very bad idea to re-elect the man under whose watch the NDP lost yet another 3% of registered voters in our state. His mantra of "continuity" leads only to a path that ends like the movie, Thelma & Louise.

Please come back to this page again, as I will be adding more comments, including links to Facebook comments that I have posted on my page over the years. You will see that my message hasn't changed merely for political expediency.

If you are on Facebook, you can check out my page there. FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment